Serving Will, Grundy, DuPage, Kendall, Kankakee, Ford & Iroquois Counties
For more information about our services or to schedule an appointment, please call 1.800.240.7011.
Catholic Charities Counseling Services provides outpatient counseling to the communities of DuPage, Will, Grundy, Kendall, Kankakee, Ford, and Iroquois counties. Offices are located in Lombard, Joliet, Morris and Bourbonnais. Individual, group, family, and couples therapy are provided, in addition to specialized services such as anger management groups and preventative education programs.
- Learn more about our Counseling Staff
Our skilled and dedicated counseling staff is here to provide guidance and support. Click here to learn more about our counselors.
26 W. St. Charles Rd.
Lombard, IL 60148
201 N. Liberty, Suite 241
Morris, IL 60450
2121 Oneida Street
475 Brown Blvd.
We all want to lead healthy and satisfying lives, but some individuals and families struggle to achieve or maintain that status. At Catholic Charities, we have experienced counselors who can provide affordable services when problems arise.
Special accommodations can be made to individuals and families who are struggling financially, and who qualify for services at a reduced fee.
We welcome Medicare Part B and most PPO insurance coverage.
Sometimes it’s difficult to understand what is troubling an individual, couple, or family. Counseling staff conduct comprehensive assessments for people of all ages to help determine what the difficulties are and how people can be empowered to resolve them
- Individual Counseling
It is our objective to provide a range of therapeutic services that preserve, strengthen, and protect the emotional wellbeing of individuals within the context of their own cultural identity. We serve individuals who come from diverse racial, ethnic and spiritual backgrounds, with counseling that is sensitive to cultural difference.
- Children & Adolescents - Our staff include several child and adolescent counselors who provide individual and family counseling for youth and their families. Our staff are trained in a variety of specialties to intervene with troubled youth who experience emotional and behavioral difficulties: adjustment issues, attachment disorders, oppositional and defiant behavior, conduct problems, school difficulties, social skills deficits, and childhood depression and anxiety.
- Couples Counseling - Our staff are trained and experienced in providing marital therapy. The Counseling Program also provides pre-marriage evaluations and counseling.
- Adults - Counseling staff have broad experience working with adults who are attempting to cope with a wide spectrum of life problems: anxiety, depression, life transitions, experiences of loss and bereavement, interpersonal difficulties, and developmental disabilities.
- Family Counseling - The Counseling Program offers family counseling in conjunction with child and adolescent counseling.
- Seniors - For seniors who are attempting to cope with life transitions which may include physical, financial, and emotional factors, our Counselors offer compassionate and supportive therapy geared to the losses that inevitably accompany the aging process. We accept Medicare Part B coverage.
- Counseling Groups
There are numerous active groups for children and adults. For a complete list click here.
- L.O.S.S. - Loving Outreach to Survivors of Suicide - The L.O.S.S. Program, founded by Father Charles Rubey of the Archdiocese of Chicago, is a collaborative effort between Catholic Charities in the Diocese of Joliet and the Archdiocese of Chicago. The program offers support to those who have lost a loved one – relative or friend – to suicide. It offers a “safe” place for survivors to tell their stories and express their feelings with those who have walked a similar path. L.O.S.S. groups meet regularly at the following locations:
St. Daniel the Prophet Parish
101 West Loop Dr., Room #108
Wheaton, IL 60187
4th Thursday of the month
St. Paul the Apostle Parish
130 N. Woodlawn Ave., Room #A-1
Joliet, IL 60435
3rd Wednesday of the month
- Consultation and Education
Consultation and education is available to community organizations, schools, and parishes to promote prevention and early identification of emotional and behavioral disturbances. We also have counselors available who are able to provide crisis intervention in the case of a traumatic event or disaster. Please contact 1.800.240.7011 to inquire about these services.